Nevertheless, when I came across this post from Financial Panther on earning money through bank bonuses (well, it was really a sub-topic of the post, but it peaked my interest), I bookmarked it. I found this site that showed me banks in my new town (in North Carolina) that were offering bank bonuses.
Low and behold, when we moved in to our house in July, we received a pamphlet from Fifth Third Bank offering a $550 bank bonus!
Fifth Third Bank
Here were the details:
- We had to be a resident of one of ten states (North Carolina was one, so we were good there).
- We had to set up two accounts, a checking and a savings account.
- We had to deposit a minimum of $500 in the checking account and $15,000 in the savings account. The savings account paid a minimum amount of interest.
- After 60 days, if we kept a minimum balance of $500 in our checking account, we’d receive a bonus of $250!
- After 90 days, if we kept a minimum of $15,000 in our savings account, we’d receive an additional bonus of $300.